Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Condo

On Monday we found out that there were 7 more offers placed on the condo over the weekend. The total is 11 offers including our own. What the bank (it is a bank-owned foreclosure) said was for everyone to submit their "final and best offer" by Wednesday and the bank will choose from those final offers. We tweaked our offer a little, on Tuesday, and are now waiting to here.

In the meantime I had a lengthy conversation with a mortgage guy (someone who has done several of our friends loans) and he seems to think it will be "impossible" to get a mortgage on the place. Reason being is the shape that the property is in. It needs a lot of work. It is about $30,000 into a complete remodel, but still has $20,000 to go. So you have phenomenal cabinets and real granite counter tops in a kitchen with no flooring or appliances. I remain undeterred, I want that property. Tracy has stopped getting her hopes up.

At this point, in order for us to get the condo, it would take a number of very unorthodox events... what most would call "a miracle." We trust the Lord that he knows what's best and if our actions produce no results then I'll assume he's pointing us a different direction. Or maybe that means I'm supposed to try harder...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

luke-- we are praying for you guys in that the Lord will provide the perfect place for you!! we miss you & love you guys!!!

ty & rach

Robyn said...

Luke, Your mom told me about this blog after I told her I had a dream about you. You were our waiter or something. You know how dreams can be strange. She also said you were changing jobs. Hope all goes well with that. Have you found a place, yet? Tell Tracy and John hello for me. Love ya, Robyn